Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Journalists are being killed again in Ukraine...


Today Pavlo Sheremet, famous Belarusian journalist who has been living and working in Ukraine for a long time, has been killed in Kyiv. He has been blown up in his car in the city center.

Now I'm not going to speak about the fact that today it has become absolutely clear that the war is right under the windows of the capital's residents. I want to say that freedom of speech cannot be stopped by either bombs or tanks, especially in today's Ukraine. Whoever the killers of Pavlo Sheremet are, they have not achieved their goal – they could not stop or intimidate Ukrainian journalists. Just because Ukrainians are not afraid anymore.

The President and the General Prosecutor took the case investigation under their control: I hope it will help to complete it.

I want to express my condolences to Pavlo’s family, friends and colleagues. Cherished memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment