Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Oleg Vyshniakov - Ukraine and Israel. I believe that everyone should pull his fair weight to help soldiers and resettles.

Despite the fact that today the state supports the army much better than at the beginning of the ATO, it is not a secret that many problems are still on the volunteers’ shoulders.

The Ukrainians are quite a unique nation. I do not know any other examples in history when within a year the skeleton army has become a professional and combat-ready just by volunteers’ support. The unity of the Ukrainians, their willingness to help and to fight for their land can not help but admire. That is real anonymous feat of hundreds of volunteers. They perform miracles of ingenuity every day in order to find necessary products, medicines, to supply them to the front line. It is the highest patriotism.

I believe that everyone should pull his fair weight to help soldiers and resettles. When guys from the Center for special purposes (counter sabotage and terrorist acts) appealed to me, It was great pleasure for me to help them to buy all necessary equipment: thermal imaging cameras, bulletproof vests and armor plates, night vision equipment and telescopic sights, all that they asked. Unfortunately lack of equipment is not the only problem even for such special military unit.  To solve the accommodation problems of military personnel, the building for hostel was given for them. But there is a problem: the building is without maintenance. I hope that soon I will help to solve this issue and 17 families will have decent living conditions.

Being the Honorary Consul of Israel and the person who visits Israel often, I know firsthand what do such attacks mean. Today in Ukraine there is a war not only in the East. Every day dozens of subversives try to organize a provocation in the rear. I hope that thanks to the professionalism of the soldiers and new equipment we can keep peace and lives of the civilians.

I’m very proud to receive a certificate. I wish the soldiers good luck and peace for all of us as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment