Monday, May 29, 2017

Friends!



Friends! These days expired two years from the moment of opening of the Honorary Consulate of Israel in Lviv.

The opening of the Consulate in this beautiful and charming place was not accidental. Jews lived in Lviv since its inception, and mention of the Jewish community, which had several wooden houses in the city, was dated by the XIV century. Years passed, ancient monuments – were destroyed, Jews were forced to forget their origin, but their spirit still remained here - in the Jewish quarter, in old buildings, in the history of the city. I am glad that now young Jews want to know more about their history. But also, I am happy that Ukrainians want to learn more about the example of the state of Israel.

All this I have seen during last two years. The Cultural Center at Honorary Consulate regularly hosts a variety of events: there are seminars, trainings, cultural evenings, celebrations and days of mourning. They meet completely different people - young people and adults. It is nice to know that people unite for the sake of gaining knowledge or just have fun.

I am proud that during this time I managed to do a lot for the development of Ukraine-Israeli relations. Those who actively follow up on my page know about it. As Honorary Consul of Israel in Western Ukraine, I met with you at some happy moments - invited to the theater, movie premieres, participated in the opening of "Space of synagogues," and so on. There were emotionally difficult, but very necessary measures – trainings from different doctors from Israel (oncologists, cardiologists, psychologists), help to kids whose parents are in the area of ATO.

I had dozens of conversations with various ministers, deputies of the State of Israel in order that they could understand that Ukraine is a country-friend, which sees Israel and the history of its formation as the example. And I know that they heard it. I participated and organized the trip of Ukrainian politicians and officials to Israel, so they may learn about the Israeli experience in various areas. I talked with you, told different stories about creation of Israel and famous Jews, supported many Jewish activities, so you could get to know this ancient culture.

Friends, there is still a lot of work. But I am sure that it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment